Midwest Birding Symposium
The website for the 2009 Midwest Birding Symposium is now up and running.
Why am I telling you this? Here's why:
If you want to have as much fun as is humanly possible as a bird watcher (in September, in Ohio, without breaking any laws), we invite you to join us at Lakeside, Ohio next fall.
And if you don't mind me making a suggestion, register for your programs, meals, and lodging early, because we're fairly sure this event is going to sell out. As you can see on the registration form, some of the presentations have limited seating.
Lakeside, Ohio is a charming community on the shores of Lake Erie (clever how they named it, huh?). Your hosts for the event are Bird Watcher's Digest and the Ohio Ornithological Society, and we've put together a great line-up of speakers and programs.
Plus, attendees can:
- Catch fall migration at one of our hand-picked nearby birding hotspots.
- Shop in the Birder's Marketplace, with 30+ vendors selling anything a bird watcher could want.
- Take a sunset boat cruise around Lake Erie's beautiful islands.
- Enjoy a screening of a new birding movie: "Opposable Chums" in Lakeside's movie theater.
- Get your optics cleaned for free, participate in the MBS Big Sit, enjoy activities for young birders, and lots more.
Full details are on the newly launched MBS site. Please check back often—we'll post updates as they are available.
We'd like to offer a special thank you to the sponsors for the Midwest Birding Symposium, who are helping to make all of this possible.
Hope to see you in Lakeside next September!
Bill of the Birds