The publication, in 2000 and 2001, of the huge and hugely acclaimed Sibley Guide to Birds and Sibley Guide to Bird Life and Behavior gave birders encyclopedic sources of information about all the avian species they might see in North America. Now David Allen Sibley has prepared two guides specifically designed for use in the field-both eminently portable. The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America and The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Western North America each have essential information and thousands of illustrations culled from the first two books, plus many entirely new illustrations and newly drawn maps. In each guide, you'll find:
- Complete coverage: 550 Eastern species, 650 Western
- More than 4,000 Sibley paintings, with at least six views of each species
- Clear, detailed bird descriptions, augmented with information on habitat and behavior (absent from most field guides)
- All-new maps vetted by 90 experts who provided the most up-to-date and accurate range information ever available in a field guide
- Range: Each volume covers a larger area-especially along the dividing line between Eastern and Western regions-than any other guide.
474 pages, flexibound, 4 7/8 x 7 3/4, full-color illustrations, maps.
Includes autographed bookplate!