These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Carbondale Chickadees
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos
- Sharp-shinned Hawk Accipiter striatus
- Tufted Titmouse Baeolophus bicolor
- White-throated Sparrow Zonotrichia albicollis
- Northern Mockingbird Mimus polyglottos
- Northern Cardinal Cardinalis cardinalis
- Carolina Chickadee Poecile carolinensis
Participants: Lilly Crane
Weather: sunny, unseasonable warm
Time At Location: observed intermittantly between 8 A.M. and 4 P.M.
Weather has been unusually warm and dry. 3 days prior to Sunday I had my last Ruby Throated Hummingbird at my feeder - much later than normal. I think the Big Sit is a great idea - you can do it at home at your leisure when all else fails.
The first bird I saw on Sunday was the Sharp Shinned Hawk sitting at the edge of the swimming pool (now shut down for the winter) I have seen this hawk off and on during the summer at the pool or perched on the pool fence. First year for this occurance. It is a juvenile as best as I can tell.