These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Actonitz
- Downy Woodpecker Picoides pubescens
- Hairy Woodpecker Picoides villosus
- Black-capped Chickadee Poecile atricapillus
- Tufted Titmouse Baeolophus bicolor
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos
- Wild Turkey Meleagris gallopavo
Weather: Partly sunny, cool
Location: Acton, ME
Time At Location: all day Oct. 12, 2008
Bird counts have been way down in this area since a recent hurricane passed, that dumped major amounts of rain. Today has been pretty much a typical day since that storm. Prior to that, I would see an average of 15 different bird species a day, now I'm lucky to see 4. Several Hairy Woodpeckers were seen eating directly off the ground today, I have never seen them do that before.