These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Birdorable
- Canada Goose Branta canadensis
- Mallard Anas platyrhynchos
- Great Egret Ardea alba
- Great Blue Heron Ardea herodias
- Sora Porzana carolina
- Killdeer Charadrius vociferus
- Herring Gull Larus argentatus
- Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) Columba livia
- Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura
- Hairy Woodpecker Picoides villosus
- American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos
- European Starling Sturnus vulgaris
- White-crowned Sparrow Zonotrichia leucophrys
- Red-winged Blackbird Agelaius phoeniceus
- Common Grackle Quiscalus quiscula
- American Goldfinch Spinus tristis
Participants: Amy Evenstad, Arthur de Wolf, Ramon Evenstad
Weather: Clear, no wind, hot. High 82F.
Location: Prairie Wolf Slough, Lake County Illinois
Time At Location: About five hours total between 6:55am - 6:15pm
Our first Big Sit. We walked to our circle (a strategically located picnic table) from our home several times throughout the day. Most activity at sunrise and sunset; too hot in the afternoon for birds and watchers.