These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: boreal48
- Canada Goose Branta canadensis
- Bald Eagle Haliaeetus leucocephalus
- Bonaparte's Gull Chroicocephalus philadelphia
- Fox Sparrow Passerella iliaca
- White-throated Sparrow Zonotrichia albicollis
- Dark-eyed Junco Junco hyemalis
- American White Pelican Pelecanus erythrorhynchos
Participants: Darrell Neufeld
Weather: 5'c,windy,heavy rain.18mm
Location: Grand Beach Provincial Park
Time At Location: 3hrs 8:00a.m.-11:00a.m
Stayed out as long as I could stand the bad weather.There were lots of gulls flying by but could not identify any.After the sit went for ride around the park and did see the following birds Red-breasted Mergansers,Common Mergansers, Common Goldeneye,Bufflehead and American Pipit.
People were more scare then the birds!One Natural Resources truck did a drive by and probably were thinking"What is that guy doing out in this weather!" No photos but a video at, http://ifnot250.blogspot.com/2008/10/big-sit-grand-beach.html