These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Juniata Juncos
- Great Blue Heron Ardea herodias
- Turkey Vulture Cathartes aura
- Canada Goose Branta canadensis
- Wood Duck Aix sponsa
- Mallard Anas platyrhynchos
- Common Merganser Mergus merganser
- Osprey Pandion haliaetus
- Bald Eagle Haliaeetus leucocephalus
- Red-shouldered Hawk Buteo lineatus
- Red-tailed Hawk Buteo jamaicensis
- Killdeer Charadrius vociferus
- Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura
- Eastern Screech-Owl Megascops asio
- Belted Kingfisher Megaceryle alcyon
- Red-bellied Woodpecker Melanerpes carolinus
- Downy Woodpecker Picoides pubescens
- Hairy Woodpecker Picoides villosus
- Northern Flicker Colaptes auratus
- Pileated Woodpecker Dryocopus pileatus
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos
- Black-capped Chickadee Poecile atricapillus
- Tufted Titmouse Baeolophus bicolor
- White-breasted Nuthatch Sitta carolinensis
- Brown Creeper Certhia americana
- Carolina Wren Thryothorus ludovicianus
- American Robin Turdus migratorius
- European Starling Sturnus vulgaris
- Cedar Waxwing Bombycilla cedrorum
- Song Sparrow Melospiza melodia
- Northern Cardinal Cardinalis cardinalis
- Purple Finch Haemorhous purpureus
- American Goldfinch Spinus tristis
Participants: Chad Kauffman, Mike McCahren, Butch McCahren and Jim Stoner
Weather: cold at midnight, cold in morning, but got very nice in afternoon.
Location: Mifflintown on the Juniata River below the Port Royal river road.
Time At Location: Midnight until 4:30pm
the feeders were busy and the highlight was a group of eastern screech owls at night and morning and a flyby hummingbird species that was a passerby and didn't show up again at the feeders. Another great time of food, friends and birding.
Who wants seconds?