These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Little Orange Team
- Black-capped Chickadee Poecile atricapillus
- Ring-billed Gull Larus delawarensis
- Yellow-bellied Sapsucker Sphyrapicus varius
- American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- Brown Creeper Certhia americana
- Red-breasted Nuthatch Sitta canadensis
- White-breasted Nuthatch Sitta carolinensis
- Hermit Thrush Catharus guttatus
- American Tree Sparrow Spizelloides arborea
- Dark-eyed Junco Junco hyemalis
- Northern Cardinal Cardinalis cardinalis
- Brown-headed Cowbird Molothrus ater
- American Goldfinch Spinus tristis
- House Finch Haemorhous mexicanus
- House Sparrow Passer domesticus
Participants: Kelly Buehler, Sara Stratton, and 2 frustrated indoor cats
Weather: sunny, high of 22 (Celsius!)
Location: east end Toronto back yard
Time At Location: couple of hours in the morning, couple of hours late afternoon
It was white-breasted nuthatch day here. Although we went out front and suggested to our mourning dove that it should get to the back yard, it did not comply. A day earlier and we would have had a winter wren and an Eastern phoebe.
We actually did not realize that we were participating in the Big Sit. It's Thanksgiving Sunday here and we were simply sitting outside watching the birds when Sara said, "You know, sometime soon they do this Big Sit - we should think about doing it!" When we went inside and checked the date, lo and behold, it was today. We called ours the Little Sit.