These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Silvio O. Conte, Nulhegen Basin
- Canada Goose Branta canadensis
- Hairy Woodpecker Picoides villosus
- Northern Flicker Colaptes auratus
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos
- Common Raven Corvus corax
- Black-capped Chickadee Poecile atricapillus
- White-breasted Nuthatch Sitta carolinensis
- Brown Creeper Certhia americana
- Golden-crowned Kinglet Regulus satrapa
- Ruby-crowned Kinglet Regulus calendula
- American Robin Turdus migratorius
- Yellow-rumped Warbler Setophaga coronata
- Black-throated Green Warbler Setophaga virens
- White-throated Sparrow Zonotrichia albicollis
- Dark-eyed Junco Junco hyemalis
- American Goldfinch Spinus tristis
Participants: Tom. B, Mary Beth P., Veer F., Ginny E., Rachel C., Ann C.
Weather: At 6:20 a.m. 26 degrees, clear, 2 m.p h. wind at 1:00 p.m., temp. at 1:00 p.m. was 58 degrees
Location: Nulhegen Branch of Conte W. R. Brunswick, Vermont
Time At Location: 6:20 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
Great weather though a little chilly at 6:30 a.m. (26) to start the day but warmed upicly by 10:00 a.m. to a high of 58 degrees. Very little wind for morning hours but slight breeze began in early afternoon. The habitat where the count circle was offered few species this time of year as there was no ponds, lakes, marshes, open fields near by. Count circle was decided to be near refuge headquarters this first year in hopes of informing public of what the count was about and for easy access of participants and visitors. Will re-think location on the refuge for next year.