These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Seney Sitters
- Canada Goose Branta canadensis
- Common Raven Corvus corax
- Chipping Sparrow Spizella passerina
- Common Grackle Quiscalus quiscula
- Pied-billed Grebe Podilymbus podiceps
- Trumpeter Swan Cygnus buccinator
- Wood Duck Aix sponsa
- Northern Harrier Circus cyaneus
- Belted Kingfisher Megaceryle alcyon
- Downy Woodpecker Picoides pubescens
- Hairy Woodpecker Picoides villosus
- Northern Flicker Colaptes auratus
- Eastern Phoebe Sayornis phoebe
- Red-eyed Vireo Vireo olivaceus
- American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- Black-capped Chickadee Poecile atricapillus
- White-breasted Nuthatch Sitta carolinensis
- American Robin Turdus migratorius
- European Starling Sturnus vulgaris
- Cedar Waxwing Bombycilla cedrorum
- Black-and-white Warbler Mniotilta varia
- American Tree Sparrow Spizelloides arborea
- Song Sparrow Melospiza melodia
- Red-winged Blackbird Agelaius phoeniceus
Participants: Sara Hollerich, Peter Rea, Dale Maxson, Mark Vaniman, visitors to the Refuge
Weather: Sunny and 40 to 60's.
Location: Pine Ridge Nature Trail - N46 17.324' W085 56.640'
Time At Location: 10 hours
Most of our migration of warblers had already passed, there just wasn't a lot of bird action out there. September 10th would have been a lot better for us at this latitude than October 10th.
Chickdees were not shy they flew right past our heads.