These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Little Orange Team
- Brown Creeper Certhia americana
- Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura
- Ring-billed Gull Larus delawarensis
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- Black-capped Chickadee Poecile atricapillus
- Red-breasted Nuthatch Sitta canadensis
- White-breasted Nuthatch Sitta carolinensis
- Golden-crowned Kinglet Regulus satrapa
- Ruby-crowned Kinglet Regulus calendula
- Hermit Thrush Catharus guttatus
- Yellow-rumped Warbler Setophaga coronata
- Dark-eyed Junco Junco hyemalis
- House Finch Haemorhous mexicanus
- European Starling Sturnus vulgaris
- House Sparrow Passer domesticus
Participants: Kelly Buehler, Sharon McHugh, Harry and Daisy (from inside)
Weather: Sunny, then overcast, then light rain - high of 9 Celsius
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Time At Location: 7:30 am to 6:30 pm, on and off
Very cold. Too many house sparrows. Too many cats. Nuthatches (esp red-breasted) and chickadees very active.
I watched as a white-breasted nuthatch found a sunflower seed tucked into the bark of the maple tree and then fake-hid it in another spot and then really hid it somewhere else. It was very cool.