These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: East Aurora Bird Club
- Pied-billed Grebe Podilymbus podiceps
- Double-crested Cormorant Phalacrocorax auritus
- Great Blue Heron Ardea herodias
- Great Egret Ardea alba
- Canada Goose Branta canadensis
- Mallard Anas platyrhynchos
- Bald Eagle Haliaeetus leucocephalus
- Cooper's Hawk Accipiter cooperii
- Red-tailed Hawk Buteo jamaicensis
- Peregrine Falcon Falco peregrinus
- Ring-billed Gull Larus delawarensis
- Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura
- Belted Kingfisher Megaceryle alcyon
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos
- American Robin Turdus migratorius
- European Starling Sturnus vulgaris
- Song Sparrow Melospiza melodia
Participants: Ken, Carm, Mary, Janet, Anne, Nancy & Paul, Marge, Priscilla & John (1)
Weather: Upper 60's; maily cloudy; light breeze
Location: Beaver Island State Park, Grand Island NY
Time At Location: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Highlights included a circling adult bald eagle, a pair of circling, showy red tail hawks, nice looking great egret and kingfisher and peregrine falcon flyby with a total of 17 species.
A new feature- the Donut Tent- was a rallying point for our birding circle!