These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Harvard Half-Hearteds
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- American Robin Turdus migratorius
- European Starling Sturnus vulgaris
- Yellow-rumped Warbler Setophaga coronata
- Savannah Sparrow Passerculus sandwichensis
- Northern Cardinal Cardinalis cardinalis
- House Sparrow Passer domesticus
Participants: Corey Husic
Weather: 45-67F, mostly cloudy
Location: Harvard Yard
Time At Location: a few hours total (hard to say for sure)
The Savannah Sparrow that gave a flight call within the first minute after midnight was probably the best bird of the day. Not much activity (not that any was really expected), but a late-day Yellow-rumped Warbler was nice to get!
Drunk college students, sirens, church bells, and traffic noise made good nocturnal listening rather difficult! My day was spent between studying for midterms and birding, so I wasn't out as much as I would've liked, but I did manage to find a few species. It felt good to sit outside in the brisk fall air for a while.