These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Fink Family Farm
- California Quail Callipepla californica
- Barn Owl Tyto alba
- Downy Woodpecker Picoides pubescens
- Northern Flicker Colaptes auratus
- Hutton's Vireo Vireo huttoni
- Steller's Jay Cyanocitta stelleri
- California Scrub-Jay Aphelocoma californica
- Common Raven Corvus corax
- Black-capped Chickadee Poecile atricapillus
- Pacific Wren Troglodytes pacificus
- Ruby-crowned Kinglet Regulus calendula
- American Robin Turdus migratorius
- European Starling Sturnus vulgaris
- Cedar Waxwing Bombycilla cedrorum
- House Sparrow Passer domesticus
- Purple Finch Haemorhous purpureus
- Spotted Towhee Pipilo maculatus
- Fox Sparrow Passerella iliaca
- Song Sparrow Melospiza melodia
- Golden-crowned Sparrow Zonotrichia atricapilla
- Eurasian Collared-Dove Streptopelia decaocto
- Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura
- Red-tailed Hawk Buteo jamaicensis
Participants: Linda and John Fink
Weather: mid 60s, off and on drizzle
Location: our farm
Time At Location: about 2 hours between farm chores, beginning 7:45 a.m., end 7:45 p.m.
Several coveys of C. Quail joined to eat the grain I threw out beyond our circle... a total of 52 quail at one time. I usually only see about 30, but I don't usually sit that long... or throw out grain several times a day. I wonder if they'll be expecting such a banquet every day now...
Our resident Barn owl cooperated by flying out of the barn loft at night when my husband turned the loft light on while I waited in the circle with a flashlight to see the owl leave.