These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Swamp Sitters
- Great Horned Owl Bubo virginianus
- Canada Goose Branta canadensis
- Wood Duck Aix sponsa
- American Black Duck Anas rubripes
- Mallard Anas platyrhynchos
- Turkey Vulture Cathartes aura
- Northern Harrier Circus cyaneus
- Sharp-shinned Hawk Accipiter striatus
- Cooper's Hawk Accipiter cooperii
- American Kestrel Falco sparverius
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchos
- Gray Catbird Dumetella carolinensis
- Common Yellowthroat Geothlypis trichas
- Swamp Sparrow Melospiza georgiana
- Song Sparrow Melospiza melodia
- Red-winged Blackbird Agelaius phoeniceus
- Rail sp.
Weather: Overcast, drizzly, windy, cool.
Location: Overlook on Pleasant Plains Riad
Time At Location: 12:30AM-8:00 AM, 1:30PM-2:45 PM
COLD! We started about 12:30 AM, but the rain set in about 5:00AM. Very, very quiet this year, when previous years we would have dozens of species by sunup. The wet, cold and wind had us abandon the sit at 8:00 AM. We're looking forward to better weather next year!