These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: Keokea BP Seawatch Hawaii
- Spotted Dove Streptopelia chinensis
- Zebra Dove Geopelia striata
- Wandering Tattler Tringa incana
- Black Noddy Anous minutus
- White-tailed Tropicbird Phaethon lepturus
- Sooty Shearwater Ardenna grisea
- Wedge-tailed Shearwater Ardenna pacifica
- Great Frigatebird Fregata minor
- Japanese White-Eye
- Chinese Hwamei Garrulax canorus
- Yellow-billed Cardinal Paroaria capitata
- Hawaiian Hawk Buteo solitarius
- Common Waxbill Estrilda astrild
- Saffron Finch Sicalis flaveola
- Northern Cardinal Cardinalis cardinalis
- House Sparrow Passer domesticus
- Yellow-fronted Canary Serinus mozambicus
- Common Myna Acridotheres tristis
Weather: Mostly sunny with light trade winds out of the northeast; brief drizzle.
Location: Keokea Beach Park, Niulii, North Kohala, Hawaii Island
Time At Location: 8:45 AM to 3:00 PM
Bird Species (18): 99 WEDGE-TAILED SHEARWATER 36 SOOTY SHEARWATER 23 Procellariid sp. 3 WHITE-TAILED TROPICBIRD 1 GREAT FRIGATEBIRD 1 HAWAIIAN HAWK 1 WANDERING TATTLER 60 BLACK (Hawaiian) NODDY Flying Fish sp.
The Big Sit Hawai'i - Keokea BP began at 8:45 AM and finished at 3:00 PM. Mahalo nui loa to HB (North Kohala), Brad Argue (Kona), Sherman Wing (Puna), and the Univeristy of Hawaii-Hilo WILDLIFE SCIENCE class led by Dr. Elliott Parsons for taking part in The Big Sit. The class visited the seawatch during 1:00 PM observation-hour. We were able to share our knowledge of seabird identification, seabird migration, seawatching, binocular & spotting scope use, and cameras.