These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: cottage 200
- Mourning Dove Zenaida macroura
- Black Vulture Coragyps atratus
- Downy Woodpecker Picoides pubescens
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- Carolina Chickadee Poecile carolinensis
- Tufted Titmouse Baeolophus bicolor
- Brown-headed Nuthatch Sitta pusilla
- White-breasted Nuthatch Sitta carolinensis
- Carolina Wren Thryothorus ludovicianus
- Northern Cardinal Cardinalis cardinalis
Participants: Bruce Krucke
Weather: 11 inches of rain. Winds in excess of 60 mph
Location: Cottage 200, The Village at Summerville, Summerville, SC, 29483
Time At Location: From indoors--about six hours
This turned out to be a very unfortunate weekend for birding along the SC coast. I had had to take my feeders down so they didn't become missiles in the wind. I feel lucky to have seen 10 species. I wonder how any birds even survived the wind and rain accompanying Hurricane Matthew.
Nothing funny happened. We were among the lucky few to have had no damage to our home and surrounding trees.