These statistics reflect information submitted by reporting circles. As teams continue to report their Big Sit! results, the statistics on this page will change to reflect up-to-the-minute information.
Team Information: East Aurora Bird Club
- American Goldfinch Spinus tristis
- Canada Goose Branta canadensis
- Mallard Anas platyrhynchos
- Ring-billed Gull Larus delawarensis
- Turkey Vulture Cathartes aura
- Red-bellied Woodpecker Melanerpes carolinus
- Downy Woodpecker Picoides pubescens
- Northern Flicker Colaptes auratus
- Black-capped Chickadee Poecile atricapillus
- Double-crested Cormorant Phalacrocorax auritus
- Bald Eagle Haliaeetus leucocephalus
- Sharp-shinned Hawk Accipiter striatus
- Blue Jay Cyanocitta cristata
- American Robin Turdus migratorius
- European Starling Sturnus vulgaris
- Red-winged Blackbird Agelaius phoeniceus
- Song Sparrow Melospiza melodia
Participants: Nine members of the East Aurora Bird Club (New York, USA)
Weather: Sunny, 40's - 50's, chilly 15mph breeze off the river
Location: Beaver Island State Park, located on the mighty Niagara River in western New York state
Time At Location: 7:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m.
Our club has seen at least one bald eagle each year during the Big Sit since we have been at this site (2013). This year we saw both adult and juvenile bald eagles.